More about us & "The Rumble"

My photo
Cuppaster , Isle of Yell, Shetland Isles, United Kingdom

Sunday 26 June 2011

64 pizza's later ...

A successful evening was had by all at the Burravoe Hall this evening with around £150 raised for the public hall funds (pays for the upkeep and improvement of the hall). Alan & his wife Jackie organised the evening and I was the extra pair of hands.

As there's no proper restaurant on Yell, the 4 public halls on the island  regularly organise different "food" evenings. Anyone can then go along to buy the food, either eat-in or take home, but all freshly made to order. As all the halls have licensed bars, its a nice social event to get out and meet up with folk. Even the elderly ladies from the sheltered housing were getting a delivery tonight as they couldn't make it out!

The blurry picture shows me in the excellent kitchen with Alan (a professional catering facility) although I spent most of my time after 1830 taking orders in the bar and getting to chat with my new neighbours.Alans a passionate and very capable amateur who made all the pizza bases - if only Viviana could have been there to give us her opinion! She'd have loved them I know.

The Yell summer social calendar's really kicked off here now, next Saturday is the Burravoe Regatta with the barbecue and beer tent opening at 12noon. I suspect our crew will be drawing straws to see who's driving. Personally, I think Fred should think of his health as I'm not convinced his liver's recovered yet from 2 weeks ago ... is looking a little yellow !! (plus its becoming a bit of a habit him getting drunk each time he visits the Burravoe Hall.) Looking forward to a good day though - bring it on !

No comments:

Da Gallery