More about us & "The Rumble"

My photo
Cuppaster , Isle of Yell, Shetland Isles, United Kingdom

Saturday 3 September 2011

Yell 2011 Agricultural Show

"It's not the winning, it's the taking part ..."


OK so I didn't expect to win any prizes, I've never entered a baking competition before or a photographic competition come to think of it ... but I thought I'd give it a go. You know what I mean, enter into the spirit of it ; make up the numbers. So ... when I saw 3 of these =)




I won a second  place for my chocolate sponge 


                                                    
                                                         







2nd place for my quiche







             2nd place for my picture of Rambo eating "High Tea" on top of a wall !


And a "Well Done" for my picture of the Schoolhouse



                                    
                                            Seriously Chuffed !!


  Who needs the sun with Mr Stripey at your show ?





Weather started well getting wetter as the day progressed. We took our neighbour John down with us, here are some shots from the day .


This is what you CALL a set of horns !




Below is a pure bred Cheviot YEAR OLD tup (a male lamb bred to do the business basically !) One of the largest breeds of sheep. He was a major prize winner and a big nosey lad !




Working dogs are very important so it's only be expected that they're also judge too.



Show winning Pure bred Shetland ewe; looked gorgeous after having a wash & blow dry earlier in the day!



Its hungry work being penned up and look at all day - an old crofter feeds his Shetland gimmer



A Shetland coo with "calf at foot" - another prize winner from Burravoe, she was a healthy fine looking coo.



Of course, Shetland ponies. Mum with her foal - they're so little you just want to put them in your pocket!




A prize winning & very vocal cockeral. Not sure what species he is but he wasn't happy at being looked at!




A fine day - who knows in future years we may even enter livestock! Just to make the numbers up of course.


Sunday I'll be sorting through our pile of salvaged roof tiles we removed, swiftly followed by undercoating some fascia boards.

 Enjoy the rest of your weekends



No comments:

Da Gallery